I’m pleased to announce that libpmemobj-cpp 1.11 has been released and is available from our GitHub pages.
This release introduces a new experimental container - persistent radix_tree along with inline_string and string_view classes.
It also introduces a new pointer type: self_relative_ptr with std::atomic specialization.
- experimental radix_tree container (single-threaded sorted map)
- experimental inline_string class (class serves a similar purpose to pmem::obj::string, but keeps the data within the same allocation as inline_string itself)
- string_view class (support for compilers older than C++17)
- experimental self_relative_ptr and std::atomic<self_relative_ptr> specialization (persistent smart ptr which encapsulates the self offseted pointer and provides member access, dereference and array access operators - for some workloads it could be a faster alternative for persistent_ptr)
- optimizations for concurrent_map with self_relative_ptr
- missing constructors for basic_string class
- conversion operator for basic_string class
- ported libcxx’s sorted map tests
- lower and lower_eq methods for concurrent_map
- missing constructor for concurrent_map (comparator as an argument)
Source code and detailed changelogs can be found here: